Need a gift for someone with no time in the schedule to go about finding it? Ah, yes, I have been there, too! With hectic work schedules, family demands, and holiday functions, these things can slip our mind or at least go to the bottom of the "to do" list.
Allow me to save you the sweat, the guilt and the embarrassment of looking and feeling a bit thoughtless. I offer five solutions to your potential problem. Five last-minute, thoughtful and health-minded gift ideas that you can get anywhere. In fact, these are all from Walmart, which is everywhere (in the US anyway, except, ironically enough, not in my area, until very recently). For readers outside the US, these gift ideas could be found at many superstore type of retailers as well.
Keep this post handy, because if your schedule is tight and you are racking your brain for ideas, save yourself and make a quick trip for a thoughtful gift for a health-minded one . . . just like you!
Five Quick, Thoughtful Gifts For The Health-Minded
zucchini noodles may be a good choice.
2. Go zen. This bonsai tree is a nice idea for those who love nature and are on the nurturing side. How about this one? Chinese Elm Bonsai Tree ($25).
Why it is a healthy choice: Digging in the dirt and giving some love to plants is good for your health!
3. Promote outdoor time. For outdoor enthusiasts or those with a family, badminton is a game anyone can play but do keep the bugs away from ruining the fun. Try these tools to get the shuttlecock flying, bug-free:
Why it is a healthy choice: Everyone knows outdoor time with others and moving your body is oh-so-healthy!
4. Open the lid to yummy eats. Pop in a favorite healthy stew or soup recipe under the lid that your friend or family member can make with this: Tramontina 6.5 Qt Enameled Round Cast Iron Dutch Oven ($40)
Why it is a healthy choice: Cast iron is a much better choice to cook in than teflon coated pans and it lasts forever!
5. Encourage relaxation: Give the gift of stress relief with a bottle of mineral bath salts along with a dry brush for the softest skin ever. Try these:
Need a bit more?
- Staying with some friends for the weekend? Here are some hostess gift ideas she or he may like.
- Try filling those Christmas stockings with some healthy, holiday cheer!
- Join in on Twitter, Pinterest, and Google+, too! Just click on the "connect box" in the upper right hand corner to link in there, too.
- And, it would be a shame if you missed a health promoting post! Don't forget to enter your email address in the box in the sidebar, "Follow by email."