Time for this month's Health News: Get the Skinny. Come along to check out how this month's round-up of the latest health news can help you, a friend, family member, colleague . . . or anyone
you care about . . . lead a healthier life!
Links For Your Health
2. This could have a significant impact! Medical research may be possible with a simple tap and click! What a genius use of an app.
3. And, here is another great use of technology: assistance to save stroke victims and get the speedy care they require to recover.
4. Loneliness hurts our health, but you may turn up a smile on how some are offering alternatives to alleviate it.
5. Some scientists spend their time doing some unusual work! Not sure you would want to bother with this cooking procedure to reduce the calorie count of rice, but, I admit, I found it interesting. Let me know if you try it!
6. If you choose to breastfeed your children (and I hope you do, if you can), you may want to consider breastfeeding a while longer to give your children an edge, according to this study.
7. There is so much talk about the concern over the use of antibiotics in beef and chicken (rightly so!!), but farming practices elsewhere should make you reconsider a common breakfast choice for some, too.
8. And, here is how The White House plans to help solve the antibiotic resistance crisis.
9. Anesthesia is a miracle, but it poses various risks. But, anesthesia for children may offer other special concerns.
10. There are so many storage alternatives, I say why take the risk? But, here's a really thorough look at the research on BPA and how it could possibly affect your health.
11. If you are interested in how our brain processes language and word choices and it is indeed unique, tap on the green link.
Make sure to follow me on Twitter here as I post interesting health news links and updates EVERY DAY at 3 p.m.!
Need a bit more?
- Sleep is imperative to health. See what this study says.
- Join in on Twitter, Pinterest, and Google+, too! Just click on the "connect box" in the upper right hand corner to link in there, too.
- And, it would be a shame if you missed a health promoting post! Don't forget to enter your email address in the gray box at the top of the blog!
Featured on the “Healthy, Happy, Green & Natural Party” Blog Hop.