- Hitting the road soon on an adventure?
- Possibly boarding a plane to a far-away land to discover?
- Paying a visit to see relatives or close friends you have not seen in entirely too long?
- Setting sail on a cruise to a tropical paradise for serious relaxation?
The form of travel can be an experience in and of itself, but all new destinations (or even ones we have been to before) expand us in so many healthy ways for our body and soul.
Here is what I mean:
When we travel, we are exposed to new landscapes, new languages, new customs, new cultures, new climates, new adventures, new people and new foods. All of these can provide keener perspectives about other parts of the world and its people but also about ourselves. It can stimulate questions to ask ourselves like these:
- How did we feel when we were there?
- What did we think about the people we encountered?
- What did we like or not like?
- What did we eat?
- What did we learn?
- What are some healthy habits, experiences, customs or foods we would like to adopt into our own lives when we return home?
What To Bring Home From Your Travels To Create A Healthier Life
Some of the more elusive and life-changing souvenirs you could have brought back with you could include these - all leading you to a much healthier, richer and more balanced life:
1. Better Connections
This was the trip you really had the time to spend with your nieces and nephews. Perhaps you taught them your favorite card game or how to water-ski. You shared some great laughs and lost track of time being with them. This was the trip you got to know them and they got to know you. Or, maybe you met some incredible person of the romantic kind. A hot new romance may have just sparked. Or, some people from another culture were so generous and kind with their time and efforts to show you their country. Now, you are convinced you are friends for life. In fact, you are hosting them next year. All connections. All great. All crucial to a better life.
You threw caution to the wind and partook in some strange adventures of the culinary kind. Good or bad, you tried it. And, maybe you even liked it. Did you find a new favorite healthy food or method of cooking? Or did your time with a relative allow you to learn some secret family recipe that you want to perfect and pass down? Be sure to share it with others when you get home.
Don't miss this: Find here all kinds of superfoods from around the world!
For Even More On The Topic . . .
- Look at these items you may want to slip in your carry-on bag for a much better flight.
- Make those travel dreams of yours happen with this step-by-step plan - even if you think it is totally impossible!
So, what about you and your travels? What did you bring back and why? Please tell us your story and share in the comments!